Price € 1.000.000
Old farmhouse completely renovated for sale in Contrada Vignale, municipality of Reitano (Messina).
The property is located in the beautiful Nebrodi valley where flows the torrent S. Stefano, on the territory of Messina at an altitude of almost 190 meters, which is accessed from the Contrada Vignale, downstream from the municipility of Reitano, a municipality that from 1638 to 1800 welcomed the noble roman family of the Colonna family.
Surrounded by Surrounded by Nebrodi plants and olive groves, the house enjoys a beautiful panoramic view, the wide spaces, the distance from the town, the colors and scents of the thick vegetation of the place, they are characteristics sought for those who want to get away from the rhythms of urban life.
The house built in 1860, completely in stone, was renovated between 1994 and 1998 and is considered by the Superintendency of Cultural and Environmental Heritage of Messina a property of quality and historical value.
The renovations of the farmhouse were made by specialized workers who used materials equal to the time of the construction of the building.
The floors are in Sicilian terracotta ceramics made by the artisans of S.Stefano di Camastra.
The building consists of a central building formed by three floors by a porch and by a building added to the ground floor, all construction is in stone and with 65/70 cm thick walls.
The windows are all in iroko wood, the heating system is a radiator with cast iron plates and powered by 2 gas boilers with a 3,000 liter LPG tank located in the garden, on the ground floor there is also a fireplace and a wood-burning stove.
The farmhouse has a centralized air conditioning system.
The house is as follows:
– the ground floor of about 200 square meters consists of a large living room, kitchen, reading room with fireplace, bathrooms, stairwell, porch;
– the first floor of about 150 square meters, consists of 4 bedrooms with bathroom.
– the second floor (attic floor) of about 150 square meters, consists of 3 bedrooms with bathrooms;
– 45 sqm porch and 35 sqm cellar in excellent condition;
In front of the house we have an area with lawn and large eree paved with bricks.
Detached from the main structure we find:
– an independent building of about 70 square meters, consisting of a room of 35 square meters where are installed the 2 boilers (hot water + radiators) the boiler of 500 liters for the production of hot water, the autoclave and the water containers ( the other part is used as a warehouse), and a second room of 35 square meters complete with bathroom that can be used as a warehouse or as a home for the keeper;
– 6 m x 12 m swimming pool with cascading waterfall system, equipped with an underground technical room of 35 square meters where the motor group is installed and the compensation tank and is used for storing summer equipment.
The land surrounding the farmhouse is 25.0000 square meters, of which about 5.000 square meters form the garden of pertinence at the farmhouse, the other land is planted with 8.000 square meters of orange grove, the other part there are trees of ancient olive trees and young olive trees.
In the property there are silos for the water storage and the subsequent irrigation use.
Main distances: Reitano 1 km, S. Stefano Di Camastra 4 km, railway station 4 km, motorway junction 4 km, Termini Imerese port 80 km, Falcone and Borsellino airport of Palermo 130 km.
The house is sold with all equipment and furnishings which dates back to late ‘800 early’ 900.
Reitano (province of Messina) is a small hill town located between Mistretta and Santo Stefano di Camastra 450 meters above sea level, its founders were shepherds from the nearby city of Mistretta, who settled there for the milder climate ideal for their flocks of sheep, creating the first rural settlements.
In 1638 it became the property of the noble Colonna family who bought it for the scenic beauty of the Nebrodi hills, the abundance of land production and the mild climate.
Today Reitano has an enviable geographical position because its territory is included between the sea and the very rich hill of olive groves.
Of particular monumental interest is the 13th century Church of the MadonnaCarmelo and the Principal church dedicated to Sant’Erasmo, patron saint of the town. Also important is the church of the Madonna delle Grazie.
Main data on the property:
Cadastral surface (commercial surface) = 1450 sq.m.
Ground area = 25000 sq.m.
Residential floor surface = 500 sq.m.
Cellar room area = 35 sq.m.
Covered verandas area = 45 sq.m.
Utility room area = 70 sq.m.
Pool area = 72 sq.m.
Basement room technical area = 35 sq.m.